Information We Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorize the third-party eCommerce platform to provide us by affirming your order or request for service) such as your name, email address, postal address, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order or personalization details for example). If you contact us directly, do not provide payment information as payments are always handled through the third-party service.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent to join our mail listing, from which you may unsubscribe at any time;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as:
1) Providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as processing payment and shipping information (PayPal, Apple Pay, ShipStation etc.) and delivery companies (USPS, DHL, FedEx, and UPS). We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer.
How We Store Your Data
If we print records containing personal data, this is only to aid in order processing and fulfillment. Printed records containing personal data are locked within our secured office. Once your order is fulfilled, personal data is destroyed using a cross shredder. To meet international customs requirements or on request printed receipts are provided and shipped with the order and no physical copies are retained. When a purchased item is not shipped and is picked up in person a printed receipt is provided, and a copy is retained for up to 7 years and then destroyed using a cross shredder.
Proof of postage and tracking receipts are retained until the order is delivered, to aid if problems arise with missing orders or the contesting of payments. We hold these in tracking files within our secured office for a maximum of 7 years, and then destroy using a cross shredder.
Digital data is stored in the cloud via the eCommerce platforms (Etsy, Amazon, Shopify etc.) from which you purchase our products or subscribe to our services (MailChimp). These platforms are password protected and are accessed using password protected electronic devices, such as PC’s and/or smartphones. All personal data is wiped, and hard drives destroyed in the event of loss or replacement of computers or smartphones.
Personal data may be downloaded to secure desktop computers for the purpose of meeting regulatory requirements such as computation of business taxes. This information is kept within confidential files stored within the password protected computer. It is retained for up to 7 years and then deleted.
Passwords for all devices and platforms are changed quarterly. In the unlikely event of an unauthorized disclosure of personal information held by Stesha Industries LLC, we will send notification to the affected parties by email or mail within 7 days of discovery of the unauthorized disclosure.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, Stesha Industries LLC is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail us at:
Stesha Industries LLC, DBA Stesha Party, PO Box 2346, Wilsonville, OR 97070